I'm back!

Thursday, August 24, 2017

I'm back! Yes this blog has been dormant for awhile, but I'm finally tinkering in the yard again so I thought I may as well document what I'm planning and planting.

For  my birthday this year I treated myself to a number of plants destined for the foundation bed in the front yard -- knockout roses, Texas sage, flax lily, and a variegated lemon tree. The lemon tree went in a different bed though.



This picture was taken earlier this summer. And then it rained basically non-stop. Seriously. This was the wettest summer on record here in Gainesville. So now my grass is brown, not green, because all this moisture seems to have created the perfect conditions for some sort of lawn disease to creep in and take hold. I'm guessing it's fungal. But that's another post for another time.

No comments: