Spring!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's official! Spring has sprung in our yard. So far, the camellias are in bloom...




...and the Japanese magnolia has also mustered a few blossoms, despite the fact that the squirrels have been treating it as an all-you-can-eat buffet.




Best of all, our lawn is still a lush green since my sweet hubby overseeded with rye. It's funny--for once we have a green lawn with brown plants instead of the other way round!




I know most of you are still trapped under a blanket of snow and that spring is still weeks (or months) away. Just think of it this way--you still have oodles of time to look at seed catalogs and plan your garden.

I'm realizing that if I want to start any seeds, I'd better not wait much longer. Maybe I'll try starting some cardoon again since I still have some of those seeds, and definitely some tomatoes. We'll see!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

AisforRandom said...

O I miss spring, it'll be two more months before it reaches us.