Blank canvas

Monday, October 15, 2007

So here's the bed I'm going to re-do. You can see my tentative bedline marked out in orange spray paint. The bed used to consist solely of a row of ligustrums that did nothing but grow like crazy and obscure the windows. Also, the crape myrtle always seemed stranded out in front of the shrubs.

I finally got tired of pruning the ligustrums and ripped them out. I passed them along to a friend who lives out in the country and was looking for some larger shrubs that could act as screens. So far, they seem to be settling in nicely at his house, despite the fact that I didn't do any preliminary root pruning before digging up the shrubs.

I'm planning to add new plants that will give a range of texture and color. I'm going to put shorter plants in front of the windows so that I'm not constantly pruning, and then add a few taller plants for height between the window areas. I can hardly wait to see how it all turns out!

No comments: