Gardening at night

Tuesday, March 24, 2009


Gardening at night
Originally uploaded by sassycrafter
Last night was a busy gardening night. I stopped by Home Depot on my way home and picked up new pots for my papaya and bird of paradise, both of which desperately need to be transplanted. I was expecting to settle for pots that were boring or so-so, but their selection of colorful resin planters blew me away. And, they were even affordable.

Then I went home and started the new seeds I ordered, since they came in last week. Here's a picture of me misting them under the glow of the porch light. It made me think of that R.E.M. song that I used to like so much.

I do still like the song, but unfortunately it has been stuck in my head since last night. Don't you hate when that happens? My old trick for getting a song out of my head was to sing it to my sister, and then magically it would get stuck in her head. Hmm... maybe I'll have to give her a call today.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I like your idea about getting a "stuck" song out of your head. I'll have to try that on my sister. The only problem is she can't tolerate my singing! Glad you had fun gardening last night.